Stagnant Optimism
[html]
It's chemical the way we love. The way we hate it's quite inhuman
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Syncopate);</style>Caprica D'Angelo
3+

She noted the newly-recruited Anatheman checking out the floor, and her eyes filled with insolence. So what if it was a mess? Being a mess was the floor's job. It was also, incidentally, the best place for her so-called handiwork: tossed in the dirt like worthless lumps of wood. And probably to be soon joined by herself. Caprica was in that kind of mood. She had a feeling she might easily end up on the floor before the day was out. Her own eyebrows curved, mirroring Ayasha's, as the smaller woman went on to explain how she'd been a victim of the low-lying trip hazard. Caprica felt a little bit sorry, of course. But selfishly, her emotions ran more towards the oh I'm so terribly sorry if my failure as a person and a pack member got under your feet, it must be so hard for you. She was, of course far too mannerly to spout this sarcasm out loud: she also deep down knew what an ass she was being just to think it.

But then, miracle of miracles, the girl explained that she was a carver. Perhaps this was the inspiration or kick in the hind that Caprica had needed. She could get some lessons and everything would stop seeming so damn difficult. "You are a carver? I'm tryin'a learn the ropes of woodwork myself. I wanna be able to build stuff. It's harder than it looks," she sighed, leaning back in the chair and prodding a block with a toe. Her despondency showed in every line. "If you could just show me how to get started that would be real sweet. Here, you want use my knife?" She held out the sharp little blade, a rather more cheery - and cheeky - smile appearing on her face. She'd cut straight to the chase by asking Ayasha to show her something right away: hopefully the girl wouldn't mind. As she started to look over the blocks for a good one to offer Ayasha she thought back a few moments and then belatedly answered the question posed. "A few months." She didn't ask what Ayasha's reasons for coming were. It was obvious to Caprica that there was no better home than these caves, for a myriad of reasons. Additionally she trusted her leaders who had accepted the girl, that her story would have been found satisfactory. And now she was here, they were family. "How d'you like the underground life, then? she wondered idly, with her glinting green eyes parked unerringly on the eyes of the other.

Image courtesy of fabiogis50

<style>
.GR2_Caprica p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Caprica b {font-family:verdana; color:#cdcbbe; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Caprica {background-color:#160a21; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#413b48; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4205/atable13.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #665d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Caprica .name {text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#121a21 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .lyrics {color:#6e6065; text-align:center; font-family:Syncopate; font-size:10px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Caprica .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6065; font-size:9px; border-top:2px dotted #635d61;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread