Stagnant Optimism
Caprica gazed entranced at the quick-fingered woman's work, and then realised how rude she was being: leaped up and pulled up a stool for the white lady, before sitting down again. It was true: she could be a little spiky in personality, not just at first, but at any time she felt threatened or challenged. She was easy-going enough to relax almost straight away though, and always ready to be friendly so long as the consideration went both ways.

Living like a bird was a beautifully poetic image. Perhaps Ayasha would turn out to be a wolf of more than one creative talent. It sounded like she'd had a similarly poetic mother. Well, the apple rarely fell far from the tree. "Your mom was a bird?" Caprica could never resist attempting to be funny. "Oh… no, I only came here last year. I was born in Phoenix Valley… which doesn't exist any more," she explained. "So I guess I'm Anatheman through and through now. So were you born up in there, AniWaya I mean?" Perhaps she had been laid in an egg, in a nest, Caprica thought, but it was one of those thoughts better not spoken out loud. Her sense of humour wasn't always the most easy for others to follow.

Messages In This Thread