Stagnant Optimism
This carving might not be her best but it was special to her yet painful all the same. It reminded her of Ralla and that was what made the carving special and also painful. She smoothed her fingers over the carving absently as she thought of her mother. Ralla wasn’t her birth mother but she might as well have been. They even liked enough a like to be blood related. She glanced up in surprise at Caprica and shook her head gently in response to her question. ”Not anymore. I did, a blue jay named Dichali, but we never connected totally so when I left AniWaya, he left.” She really wasn’t bothered by it but it was a little sad.

With the topic of both spirit guides and carvings the dark furred female asked if it was an owl like her mother’s spirit guide. ”Yeah. Her’s was named Nootau.” But she then watched her carving student carve and she nodded in approval. ”That’s good for your first carving. It takes practice to get it but you’ll get it soon.” She giggled at Caprica’s question and shook her head. ”Nope. Not anyone I know.” It was good to have someone to talk to like she could with Shiloh. But she couldn’t really wrestle with Carpica, or at least she didn’t think so.

Messages In This Thread