On the verge of twilight
[html]

Word Count → 492 :: xP

The sandy girl took a couple steps back at the wishful thought that the other wouldn’t mention what she’d heard. She wanted the moment to pass by as quickly as possible and stopped to peer over Rhaego’s back. The other girl soon broke through the foliage and she could see her more clearly. She watched the girl freeze as she looked at Rhaego then herself. Her eyes trailed the same path and she gazed at her horse, her brow wrinkling slightly before returning to the timid girl. “He won’t hurt you,” she called, reassuring the hybrid with a kindly grin. Rhaego seemed to disagree and soon tossed his head and snorted. “Oh hush,” she chuckled, swatting him. Her ears twitched as the hybrid herself spoke. Kira couldn’t help but cock her head at the girl, her eyes looking almost white in the oncoming darkness. She watched the canine with increasing curiosity as she shifted her feet one after the other and looked around.

An ear twitched as the girl’s voice cracked and she found she was listening much more attentively. “I haven’t seen anyone else around here, besides you, but I really haven’t been here long.” She offered not unkindly. Kira was eager to put this stranger at ease, and couldn’t help puzzling over her behavior. She wasn’t scary looking the last time she’d checked, in fact, she looked downright normal. Her gaze dropped to the ground momentarily when she mentioned her singing to hide the sudden blush. When she looked up the girl was struggling on whether or not to leave.

“No, no don’t leave!” Her gaze turned to the sky. “It’s getting dark. Come share camp with me, we can keep each other company.” Rhaego made a small sound, but the girl ignored him. “I’m Kira by the way and Mr. Grouchy over there is Rhaego.” She said, pointing to the stallion. She waited a moment before turning hurriedly away to the pile of her effects. She reached out and pulled at one of the pelts, the larger of the two. It was big and black, the fur thick- the hide of a black bear. She unfurled it and spread it over the ground beside the rock. It was long enough to seat the two of them comfortably. When she was done she gathered the rest of her things and shoved them hurriedly into her pack, setting it down next to the blanket.

She seated herself upon the fur, curling her legs to the side. She patted the pelt beside her with a warm smile. “Here, come sit with me.” Her gaze fell to the empty space before her. “I uh, would light a fire, but…I left my flint at the last camp.” She admitted, with another blush, drawing her eyes downwards. She perked up soon after, “maybe we could pretend there’s one?” It seemed nothing could dampen the girl’s spirits and she grinned infectiously, staring expectantly at the white hybrid.

<style>
.paddypaw {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.paddypaw p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.paddypaw p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.paddypaw .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.paddypaw p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.paddypaw b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread