On the verge of twilight
[html]

I love your table ^^ Also, I'm really enjoying this thread!

She'd just had a brawl that morning, a fact that was evident - Wretch hadn't stopped to clean herself off and her fur glittered with shards of broken glass, shards that occasionally caused her to grimace as she moved to a more comfortable position. Some canines were a bit over-protective of things...she hadn't expected to get into a fight, but with Amy it had appeared inevitable. She had wanted to check that shop for wool and other things she considered valuable, but the other canine had claimed the shop and wanted to end the argument with weapons. Her short daggers hadn't been able to do much, but she'd escaped without major injury and had discovered some wool and needles in another shop farther down the street. That was what mattered. The hybrid reached up to rub at an itch near her eyebrow and winced when she felt a shallow but lengthy cut there.

Wretch expected the other canine to start the fire immediately, but it did not appear that she would be so lucky. She wanted to sit and chitchat a bit. Fire.. She said feebly, her voice fading off. From the female's story it sounded like she was fresh out...that being on her own was a new experience. It wasn't all sunshine and daisies; hunting was more difficult by yourself and so was a variety of other things. Not having a permanent, safe place to sleep could take a noticeable toll on a person. Kira's question made her head rise once more, blue eyes focusing on her. I don't know. She had never been told the name of the general area...she had only ever known her own comfortable pack of Ichika no Ho-en before choosing the loner life for herself.

She had decided that she wouldn't answer until the girl had at least started to build a fire, and held off saying anything until that point. The fact that Kira would so readily sit beside her had startled her somewhat - she was unused to such treatment from other loners. I live everywhere. I have family in some packs..but those places aren't for me. They're foreign. My father disappeared and I left the pack I originated from shortly after that. I had a traveling partner..a friend who looked very much like you, but I've lost her. Wretch wasn't sure what else to reveal at that point and simply sat for a few minutes, watching Kira build the fire that they would share. I miss her, I guess. I always thought she'd be around...she meant a lot to me. In more ways than one. The end of the sentence came out as more of a whisper, one that died down as the fire sprung to life before her.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#254117; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread