On the verge of twilight
[html]
OOC Thanks, Raze made it for me! Yours too! Green is my favorite color xD Me too!

The hybrid’s statement of fire fell of deaf ears, and Kira continued to gaze at her with mounting interest. She didn’t seem to know whether this was Nova Scotia or not and her brow wrinkled. It had to be, she thought. She’d been using the sun and stars as her compass, waking up early to plot her course with the help of the rising sun. “The sun rises in the east.” She assured herself quietly. “Sets in the west.” She soon nodded. “Yes, I traveled north then east., so this has to be Nova Scotia.” She was sure she’d come the right way, and shrugged off the other girls uncertainty. When she was finished contemplating her course for the past few weeks she perked up to hear Wretch speaking again. Kira smiled to see her gaining confidence. She listened raptly as the other girl spoke. “Like me?” She was listening even more intently now, if that was even possible. “Is she pretty?" She asked soon afterward with a girlish giggle. She hadn’t been looking for an answer and asked simply out of jest.

As the fire roared to life before her, Kira was still listening intently, and her wolfish ears pick up all of the girls sentence, even the parts she might not have meant for Kira to hear. “You’re not alone now.” She said sweetly, her tail stirring to life behind her and giving a wag. She thought of Wretch’s last words and her curiosity peaked. “More ways than one…Like what?” It was just like the girl to poke her snout in places where it wasn’t welcome, but her family never seemed to understand privacy, and shared everything openly. She was no different.

In the light of the fire Kira could see Wretch more clearly and as she turned from it, it’s glow sparked the glint in her eyes and they flashed blue/green as her pupils reflected the light. Strangely enough those weren’t the only things that were shining. She now noticed the sparkle of crushed glass and the disgusting dark red of dry blood here and there. The smile on her muzzle finally died and her eyes widened. She reached out to brush the scattered pieces of broken glass off her white pelt. “Wretch!’ She gasped. “Oh, no what happened to you, are you okay?” Rhaego snorted and threw his head up suddenly at his master’s sudden start. Her head whirled to him. “Calm yourself, Rhaego!” Her voice was uncharacteristically firm. Even stranger, the stallion obeyed immediately and quieted. She nodded a wordless ‘thanks,’ to him, and her ears soon twitched back to the hybrid. She turned her head as well, and began to fret over the various cuts.

She said, worryingly before rummaging into her pack. In her haste she pricked her finger on the naked bone handled dagger amongst her things and withdrew her hand immediately to suck on the injured digit. With the taste of blood in her mouth she turned to Wretch helpless. “Do you have anything? I could try cleaning them up for you.

Word Count: 519
table by raze, template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.KiacodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/yfwao.png') #585f13 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.KiacodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:1px dashed #2f330a; color:#2f330a; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; background: url('http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg'); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.KiacodesInput b {color:#ff7172; text-shadow:#2f330a 1px 1px 2px;}
.KiacodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #2f330a; color:#ff7172; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread