leave the darkness behind
[html]

<33!

He heard a soft growl inside the tent before he'd spoken his words and Saul listened quietly to the flutter of feathers and the muffled hoot that meant her bird, who didn't have a name as far as he could tell but followed X'yrin with a loyalty he rarely saw. He'd been intrigued about the companions since he'd met Niro in the foothills behind Anathema and Ichika and he'd been excited about the egg he'd found on his travels. He'd been disappointed when the egg had turned out to be rotten, weeks having gone by before Saul had found the fragile shell on his travels. His desire to have an avian companion was strong and Saul intended to find a trader out here that had some birds for him.

Movement from the inside of the tent caused him to move back as X'yrin's blunt voice came forward and her head popped out of the tent. She recoiled slightly, eyes closing as the light struck her face. Saul suppressed a chuckle and the desire to ask her just how long she'd been inside the tent- he decided he'd rather not know. While Saul wasn't the small child he had been, nor the awkward teenager of only a few months ago and he understood as well as any the pleasures of the body, he still didn't want the visual images flashing through his mind when he considered X'yrin and Saluce. He instead nodded excitedly to her questioned word before she straightened up, opening her eyes up tentatively.

"Its rather bright today, I should have warned you." He offered with an apologetic roll of his shoulders. Still, she didn't seem too bothered by it now and as she moved forward, a hand on her head, she offered an apology of her own. He smiled and shook his head softly. "Its not a problem, X'y. But Goodday to you." He offered by way of proper greeting before he looked at her again. She seemed okay and he thought he saw the signs of excitement in her face. He was pleased that he'd guessed right on the person he wished to take along to the Sparring Event that would be available for most of the festival. "Yeah, I saw that Casa di Cavelieri were holding a sparring event and I wondered if you'd like to accompany me to it?" He asked, a soft smile on his face. He wanted to get to know her better, and there was no easier way than simply spending time with her.

word count → 422 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread