In days of revolt I too, carried a torch. (AW)
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 366

The coywolf smirked as she watched the interaction between the pair. She was reminded of the crows that flew around Inferni; they were often troublemakers, squabbling with the clan members that passed by, but they were also there as part of an old agreement. They were useful scouts nonetheless, or so she had heard. As head of the Lumen tier, she supposed she would have to work with them more closely. She just hoped they weren’t as obnoxious as this man’s pet seemed to be.

His quip was followed by the bird landing on his shoulder, messing with his bone adornments. Vesper chuckled lightly, in an unnaturally good mood for having missed a meal and been startled by the odd couple. “I’m sure he can be useful if he chooses to listen,” she remarked, tail swaying languidly behind her. “My friend has a feathered companion, too, who harasses her like yours. Only difference is that he’s an eagle owl.” Much larger, and very prone to landing on strangers as well as its master. She was surprised she didn’t bear scars from the creature’s talons.

The crow proceeded to bark expletives, which caused the small hybrid to lift a brow before she smirked; the expression only deepened its crawl across her mouth when the older fellow gave his name. “Sarcophilous…your mother certainly was creative.” She resisted the urge to taunt him more about it, knowing that it wasn’t his fault he had such a strange name. “I’m Vesper,” she added, proud by comparison of her simple moniker. If anything, it was a bit fancy compared to the names of her family in the feral lands. She’d never quite understood the naming conventions of these luperci.

“Have you been in the region for very long?” she asked, sniffing the air and realizing that he was without a pack. As always, loners interested her, and her old code meant that she wanted to assist them in any way she could. The exchange of information was what used to keep her alive, after all, before she joined Inferni—but still it played such an important part in her life that she always seek it with the curiosity of a cub.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread