Older brother, restless soul, lie down
Feel free to powerplay Neela and Claudius walking into the tent and Claudius getting out his things to speed it up c;
[html]
[/html] Claudius' eyes widened when Neela said that she didn't make boats as small as canoes. Small? his mind protested, but the war canoes had been huge! They had to have fit at least ten fully-grown luperci in their Optime forms. What kind of boats had she been building if a canoe was small? Claudius didn't think that was even possible, so for a moment, he doubted whether she was even a real craftswolf or if she was just making all of this up. When she added that the sea had been rough, he couldn't think of something worse than the Bay of Fundy's terrible tides or the crashing of the water in the waters to the east. Where had she lived and what sorts of witchery did she do? Apparently she used things like cranes and docks to build her boats, but the words carried no meaning to Claudius, so he just shrugged them off. He wasn't sure if he liked how she seemed annoyed that their building wasn't good enough for her. One of the things he hated was being judged before someone got to know him and being the stuttering, shy, limping wolf that he was, this happened fairly often.

Finally, of course, she offered one tidbit of knowledge that Claudius could understand. Much of what she'd said earlier was an unintelligible jargon that left him a bit abrasive. He warmed up immediately when she mentioned bending wood. Such smaller, personal crafts, were the kind he favoured. Quickly, he nodded and then gestured beside him.

"Ye-e-es, I think... so. He-ere, I ha-a-ve... my tobo-oggan with me... we ca-a-an find... a tent... and trade some... trade... secrets," he suggested with a chuckle. "I could use... some help... with carving and... woodworking... it's been more of a hobby... since my mentor left me... a while ago... I have a bone knife and so-ome wood with me, if you'd like... to... share your skills." A shy and hopeful smile accompanied his words. He bent down to pick up the rope of his toboggan and took a few steps toward one of the nearby tents. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread