Settling Down
[html]

WC 371p>

Regner returned the head dip in greeting, his eyes studying the younger male as he did so, taking more interest in the submissive and nervous behaviour than the did the scars littering the others body. Broderskab tended to be heavily scarred, Regner himself having more of the marks than he could count, and the elderly warrior sometimes forgot that this wasn't the norm in this area.

The submissive behaviour was more unusual to the old dog; the lions share of the Ovcharka had been too proud to offer all but the most basic of submissive gestures unless they had really put their foot in it. While Regner had received a slight raise in the pack's ranks since his joining, though he couldn’t actually figure out why for the life of him, it wasn't enough to elicit such a reaction.

Perhaps the wolf was just shy, Regner thought as he raised his head again, tongue lolling out in a purposely happy smile to try and put the younger wolf more at ease. "Firewood eh? Considering how much use I make of those fires I definitely approve." Regner let out a chuckle as he saw Adelle creeping round his leg, eyes fixed curiously on the stranger. The puppy stopped halfway between them, body pointed towards the stranger and quivering as though the puppy were a stretched rubber band, waiting to rush towards this interesting stranger."Hel-Hello. My- My," The words were even more halting from Adelle's mouth than Regner's own, betraying Adelle's inexperience with the language. She pawed at the ground in frustration for a moment before looking back at Regner who mouthed name to her.

"My name is Adelle!" She finished proudly, tail wagging furiously at the accomplishment. "And mine is Regner." Regner finished, gazing proudly down at Adelle. For a moment he gazed at the stranger before he strode forwards, emptying his pipe and placing it in his belt in order to offer that arm to the wolf. "Would you like some help? I may not be much in the way of bending and lifting," Regner chuckled and tapped his scarred leg with his staff, "But I can help you carry the wood. Only seems fair considering how much of it I burn."

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#848484; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#AAB6C3; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 7893-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread