counting the hours you're awake
[html]

Word Count → 478 :: Yes, 'twas. However, we can just wrap this up if you'd like, since this is kinda old. xD Up to you!

The coyote hybrid nodded pleasantly as the older collie went on. She was completely in agreement, of course. She wanted peace as well—peace between wolves and coyotes, peace between Inferni and the world, peace between herself and her own heart. However, she did not have silly ideals about plugging her ears and singing loudly to pretend that all the badness in the world had disappeared. She knew that she would have to dig her teeth into a few luperci to promote safety for lesser creatures—such as the slaves in Salsola, and her single-formed friend under the yellow bitch’s knife. She would not shy away from killing, either, even though she dreadfully resented killing. What right did one have over another’s life?

“I respect that,” Vesper stated, and though her tone was far from friendly, the solemnity in her blue eyes betrayed how important the words were in her mind. She offered such praise only to those who deserved it.

Her calm expression furrowed into a frown as the other went on, and she was unable to help the stiffening of the smoky hairs on her scruff and spine. Large ears snapped against her angular-shaped head as she snorted loudly and averted her gaze. It was silly to think that common ground would remove the thought of prejudice, although that wasn’t exactly fair; Neela was not being unkind as far as she could see.

“I know it’s hard to believe,” she began in a scathing tone, “but not all Infernians think the same way.” Her tawny tail thrashed once on the ground as she uncrossed her forelegs, her paws pressing into the snow. “Yes, some of my clan mates are genocidal freaks, and I suppose I have the right to be if I focus on simple-minded vengeance. My father was a wolf, and all he gave me was this.” One leg lifted awkwardly as she pawed at the left side of her face, clearly marking her torn ear and the scar across her brow.

“But there are sensible coyotes among the prejudiced ones. Some of ’em even border on soft-hearted. And—fuck, I didn’t answer your question.” She scowled, realizing how defensive she’d been acting, and shrugged once to show that she didn’t care. Her clan had a nasty reputation, she knew, and it was silly that it would sting her so—but this was part of her fight for peace.

“Kiara and I met when—hell, I hardly remember.” Vesper grinned. “I think I was all scratched up from a fight, and she randomly walked up to me, and we ended up swimming out to an island and talking. But she was adorable, and non-luperci, and so it isn’t too far-fetched that we ended up friends.” Her grin softened ever so slightly, though the brash young woman who’d defended her pack had not faded away completely.

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread