Shadow in the woods

Breathing softly and walking with the utmost care, Shadowfang stalked his next meal without so much as a sound. His yellow and blue eyes were unblinking as he watched ever muscle and every little movement of the creature in front of him. He saw it look around and he lowered himself to hide in the brush that was around him and then silence. He waited until his meal continued with it's normal routine before he began to move along the blanket of pine needles that the trees were nice enough to offer him and it all but sealed his meals fate. He was close enough now as his muscles and joints flexed ready on a whim to spring him upon the lone creature.

"now..." He said as he pushed off on all fours and leaped into the air over a bush and directly on top of the stump where unknowing Chipmunk was caught off guard and helpless. His jaws snapped as his two front paws landed on each side of the small creature and victory. He smiled as he felt it's little heart beat racing while he held it by it's tail in his mouth and slowly he spoke as he went to place it back upon the stump where the little creature made it's home." You need not fear me little one...I have already eaten...now get before i change my mind." He let it go and at first it didn't move being to scared to and he merely motioned it away with his right paw and it went into the hole on the other side of the stump.

He smiled and laughed lightly as he was happy with himself that he was keeping his stalking and hunting skills and ability's trained as his father would have wanted from him." if your not eating, or sleeping your training and if your not training your dead." He quoted his father as he turned and started to head north east toward Anathema. He had run into other packs and respectfully and kindly asked to be housed if only for a while...He was on a venture to seek out all the packs one at a time and see what they had to offer and Anathema was his next target, little did Shadowfang know, he was about to meet up with someone a lot sooner than he had planned.

Messages In This Thread