Shadow in the woods
[html]

Vesper

Word Count :: 367

It was always a gamble to approach a stranger, especially in the seemingly careless way that Vesper was doing it, but despite her insistence that most of the world was full of bigots and morons, she did have some faith that not every wolf wandering through the woods was a psychopath.

She was light on her paws, the one that had broken the stick held slightly off the ground in an almost inquisitive fashion, and as soon as the dark beast whirled around with body tense, she was prepared to leap out of the way of an attack. Luckily, though, he seemed to be part of the sensible population and relaxed once he seemed to have assumed the same about her; his posture relaxed. She smirked lightly and let her paw settle down in the snow.

The male spoke with a deep voice to match his deep body, and his explanation and introduction had her lifting a brow. She supposed that some luperci were simply damn talkative; she was reminded of that incessantly chattering horse girl near d’Arte and repressed a disgusted shudder. Instead, she waited until he was finished with his questions and answered in a light voice, not overtly friendly but polite and nonthreatening enough for her purposes.

“Another one, hm?” Vesper said first, her smirk deepening before her muzzle shook with some amusement. “Let me guess—some outcast prince, driven away from his pack by a lie, believing there are assassins at every turn. Nova Scotia seems to be a region for folks with heavy pasts.” It was a male from Anathema that had give her a similar story—or, rather, given her an outright demonstration of his paranoia, all but screaming at her to understand her intentions.

She was glad that this man was polite enough, though, understanding that some wished to carry their names close. However, the coywolf was normally open when it came to something as small as that.

“I’m Vesper,” the slender female said, and shook his head. “I come from Inferni, the coyote clan to the west.” She hesitated then, wondering if she should mention her purpose for being here. “I was heading in that direction,” she added vaguely.

<style type="text/css">
.character-VesperSnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-VesperSnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-VesperSnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-VesperSnow {margin:0px auto; width:395px; background-color:#feffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hcgCr.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-VesperSnow .Name { font-family: Rouge Script; font-size:40px;font-color:#ffffff; text-align: left; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px}

</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread