Shadow in the woods
[html]

Vesper

Word Count :: 452

The large, midnight-pelted male took a seat on the snowy earth, and Vesper flicked an ear in hesitation before settling down on her haunches as well. It helped to lend a relaxed air to the conversation, hopefully better easing the tensions that were normal between two strangers on neutral land. Her ears swiveled toward him, and she let out a small grunt, satisfied by his answer and relatively simple past. It made things less complicated, and she supposed that his paranoia was of a more natural sort—wariness that was oftentimes crucial for a loner to learn. It had been that way with her, to the point where her vigilance was an important skill in her rank. She always had to watch, to observe, to learn.

Shadowfang explained that he was hoping to learn what he could about the packs, and she nodded lightly in understanding. “It’s always best to scope out the neighbors, even if you don’t end up settling down with them,” she agreed. “You learn who to watch out for and who you might be able to turn to for aid. I was a loner myself for much of my life, so I understand the feeling.” It was only lately that she was becoming more and more of a pack wolf—or clan coyote—if she was going to be honest with herself. Months ago, she would have spat at the prospect.

She was considering whether or not to give him a brief rundown when he asked specifically about Inferni; she supposed that would be a good place to start. She smirked at his last statement. “No need to apologize. Loners have to look out for each other—and even if I’m not a loner anymore, I wouldn’t say no to helping out.” Her tail swished lightly behind her, and she shifted her weight, drawing her near bit-off hind paw up to scratch at the small silver ring in her ear.

“Inferni does not take well to wolves, so I would stay away, if I were you. It might be unfair to say it’s an all-coyote pack, as several are hybrids who cannot help their blood, but the coyote half is emphasized. Many Infernians might tolerate you, but it’s still safest to stay away in case there are any misunderstandings.”

She was open and honest with him, glad that he would hear about the clan from one of its members first; many thought that Inferni was nothing but trouble, a bunch of violent ragtag coyotes. While it was true that some of the less savory members went out of their way to be aggressive, most of the members she thought of were quite sane, withdrawn and wary at worst.

<style type="text/css">
.character-VesperSnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-VesperSnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-VesperSnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-VesperSnow {margin:0px auto; width:395px; background-color:#feffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hcgCr.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-VesperSnow .Name { font-family: Rouge Script; font-size:40px;font-color:#ffffff; text-align: left; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px}

</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread