Shadow in the woods
[html]

Vesper

Word Count :: 300

Sorry for the wait. :c

The dark wolf was a good listener as she spoke; she could almost see him absorbing all of the information she gave him. That was good; it would help him last a little while longer out here. While winter weakened the prey and made hunting easier, it was also treacherous for a loner; pack wolves might venture further out of territory if their chosen game moved. Tensions were high with the threat of snowstorms like the one that had happened in the past year around this time. Really, the life of a loner was dangerous even without threat of starvation or pack wolves; the other characters they shared the neutral land with could prove treacherous or downright cruel, such as the blonde dog with the knives.

She chuckled lightly at his gratitude, nodding. “The coyotes there really aren’t all that bad, but I’m sure even the best of ’em would be grouchy to see you on the borders.” Herself included, honestly, if he acted like a fool. She remembered the curly-haired wolf she had helped Helotes drive off.

Large head turning, Shadowfang looked around at the snow and the burled trees before meeting her gaze. Now that she could see his eyes clearly, her breath caught in her throat and her whole body stiffened; but he’d already gestured toward the cavern-dwelling pack with a light offer.

Blue and yellow mismatched eyes. Vesper tried to catch her breath, avoiding looking at him as she stalled for time to answer. “Uh—yeah, I can head that way,” she managed, her tongue slipping where it had once been fluent and confident. “I was just patrolling around.” She lowered her ears and stepped toward him—and the question burst out of her chest like a flapping bird.

“Do you know a wolf named Blind?”

<style type="text/css">
.character-VesperSnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-VesperSnow t {font-style:italic; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-VesperSnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-VesperSnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-VesperSnow {margin:0px auto; width:395px; background-color:#feffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hcgCr.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-VesperSnow .Name { font-family: Rouge Script; font-size:40px;font-color:#ffffff; text-align: left; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px}

</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread