So we slipped behind the rainbow
Merlin smiled at the brave little wolf as she stepped forward to greet him. He sat his hind legs down to seem more friendly and calm and listened to the young wolf. He also noticed the many glares her larger brother was giving her, Merlin guess he was one who took pride over honesty. The little wolf seemed to get a bit more nervous as she finished her talk, but Merlin made sure he looked as least threatening as possible: bowing his head slightly, and lifting his ears so the young ones would know he was clearly listening to them.
"Hunting?" He asked, "I was doing the very same, but in a cold season such as this, prey is hard to find." He looked towards the young male, who still had an uneasy look about him, "Don't worry lad," He said calmly, "Asking for help won't damage your pride, but it will give you more confidence and honesty." He knew the young lad didn't want to admit he was lost, but Merlin knew at a young age, you can only hope to be 'the best' wolf. It was something nearly all young wolves hoped to be, only that the dream would be lost once they matured.
Merlin shock away his thought and looked at young wolves, they were clearly lost far from home and need help, and Merlin didn't think twice before agreeing to help them, "Young ones, I would gladly help you find your way, and maybe help on your hunt." He stood up and moved slowly towards the young wolves, but not too much to make them timid. "But tell me, why would two young wolves be out hunting in the first place?"

Messages In This Thread