the simplest treasures
[html]

Sorry for the wait. +3

Being such a proud creature herself, Vesper had expected the sleek male to resist her help and turn his nose up at the squirrel or something. However, it appeared that he had only been suspicious and on-edge at her presence, and she felt guilty for speaking to him as she did. He looked soft and relieved—at least until drool fell from his mouth at the sight of the food. Once again feeling like crap for the way she’d acted, she kept a great distance between herself and the meat and watched him expressionlessly as he tore into it. It was pathetic; how could a creature let itself get into this state? She wondered if he’d been ill or injured, not believing that it was a lack of ability; luperci might be able to let themselves get lazy and rely on weapons or even just other wolves to get their meat, but the still-feral canines didn’t often have those luxuries. It was what made them so untainted in comparison.

She was silent as he ate, at least until he looked up at her with confusion in his slender but gaunt features. She blinked, wondering what had put him off, and backtracked to what she’d last said to him. Her lips quirked in a smirk, and she shook her head. “Don’t you worry your pretty head about it. Some, mostly luperci, believe in greater powers that live in the sky and dictate our lives or some nonsense.”

She took a seat then stretched her slender but scarred forelegs out until she was reclining in the snow, her blue eyes resting briefly on the large antler before returning to him. She let him finish the morsel before venturing to ask, “What’s your name, and how long have you been in Nova Scotia?” She paused, remembering to reciprocate, and added, “I’m Vesper, and I was born in the north myself. Only came here in the fall.”

Image courtesy of henrikj@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_v1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_v1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_v1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#26292e; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_v1 {background-color:#94938f; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#606165; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... Vesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:284px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_v1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread