dreamed of paradise
[html]

<33!

He caught the tail end of the interaction between man and beast as he entered the stable, the quick punch to the ribs that was more camaraderie than anything. Saul could see that Saluce cared about the horse and he gave a soft smile as he entered the barn and adjusted to the relative darkness of the enclosed space. Saul was never one for very many words and he usually preferred to spend his time with the animals under his care. Once in a while he felt the need to interact with others, including his adopted father. He hadn't seen the grey man in a long while and he'd missed the gruff, blunt substitute of a father. Exiting the den, he allowed cinnamon backed ears to twirl forward, catching the mans words. He could be rude and crass at times, but Saul found himself laughing softly at the males explanation of his horse.

"I'm sure he's suffering badly." Saul chuckled, running a hand over the black shire's rump before stepping away. He could see that Saluce's stead was nothing like his own friendlier, smaller animal. Hermes was often affectionate, whereas Saul could see that the stallion in front of him had a rough temper. Saul looked back towards Saluce as he asked about how he'd been doing. "Yeah, I've bee doing well. I get worried about Temeraire a lot, but I know Nayru's looking after him well." He said with a soft sigh. Separation from his son was his own doing, and yet he couldn't help but regret the decision. "The festivals been good- I managed to get another horse and some well needed medical herbs from a trader on the first day which was good. I have a lot more that I want when I get back though." He said, thinking of his conversation with Neela on one of his last nights at the festival.

"What about you? How long have you been back in Ichika?" He asked, green eyes turned towards his father with genuine interest. Saul was never one to ask a question that he didn't wish to know the answer to and he genuinely was interested in how his adopted father had been. He'd been ill when Saul had made it back to Ichika, and although he seemed to be in high spirits, one could never be too sure.

word count → 393 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread