dreamed of paradise
[html]

His father seemed distracted for a few seconds, his blue eyes scanning the ground. The young Stormbringer didn't want to interrupt any train of thought that he might be having. It left Saul with a few silent moments to consider the gift in his bag, whether it would be better to give it to his father when they were still relatively close to civilisation in the ranch or whether it would be more personal to give it to them when they were away and on their own. He didn't have long to wait to make the decision though- Saluce turned back and began to shift, his silence enough to keep Saul from asking any questions. He expected the big grey male to speak once he was in his desire form, but it seemed he didn't want to. Saul laughed softly, before making up his mind. If Saluce wanted to patrol in his lupus form, Saul would join him. But it would be easier to give the gift here, where he still had opposable thumbs.

"Two seconds Saluce, I have a present for you. I don't know if you'll like it, but I made it for you and X'yrin."

He said, taking a deep breath and plunging into his satchel to receive the doe-skin wrapped bundle. There would be no point in presenting it to him with the cover still on it, so Saul whipped it off, revealing a intricately carved wooden spoon. He'd read about Whelsh love spoons in a book not long ago and the idea had gripped him at the winter festival. He'd found some dark rosewood from a trader down there and he'd thought it would be perfect. The spoon itself was little more than a decorative gift, but it was also a symbolism of live and commitment that the two might look to if they needed it. It started with two bells at the top in mid swing. The bells stood for marriage and Saul thought it fit for the wedding that was upcoming. It then looped down into two matching hearts that signified their love for one another. A bunch of flowers held up the procession, signifying the affection that the two must always hold for one another, before ending in a heart-shaped bowl of the spoon, which signified a full and bountiful life. He told Saluce each of these meanings as he worked his way down the spoon, before looking towards his father carefully. It would be now that his father spoke on what he thought of it. Saul laid it carefully on the wagon attached to the big shire horse before shifting down into his lupus form, ears held low as he waited for his father's opinion.

OOC ENDING
Saul gives Saluce the spoon and the man accepts the gift. The two of them make their way out towards the borders, filling each other in on whats been going on in their lives. Saul tells Saluce that he'll be returning to the Festival in a couple of days. The two continue on to make plans about Saluce and X'yrins wedding, although neither of them put a time to it.

word count → 454 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread