[M]Time to Leave
Hadley didn't even seem to understand what the Italian meant. His mind couldn't even fully grasp what Sebastian was saying to him. Amy had broken him, turned a once-proud beast into a quivering pile of fur and muscle. What could he do? Sebastian had no true grasp of a mind's inner machinations. He hadn't studied the power of the mind. All he had was intuition, instinct and intelligence. Though these were invaluable traits, there wasn't much he could do with them to help Hadley.

Sebastian misinterpreted Hadley's question. His silky ears flattened and twisted around and around, his anxiety at his failure to help Hadley further showing through. "The only way you can make me happy is to regain your former mindset, Hadley. I want to help you cast off the skin of a slave." His eyes raised to meet Hadley's. "But it seems I cannot help you, despite my promise to myself." He was failing. Unless he thought of some way to help the former slave regain himself, Sebastian couldn't see how Hadley would recover.

Messages In This Thread