Chasing a Dream
Preferred Rank: Traditional
Currently Played Characters: Dara
Initial Post:
The morning sun rose quickly, shining rays of light into the face of the sleeping wolf. The she-wolf opened her oddly colored eyes, blinking multiple times to try and get use to the sun. Her eyes were silver around the edges and faded into a dark blue in the center. The gold flecks in them make the blue seem much darker than they actually are. She ran a clawed hand through her fur, realizing that she has fallen asleep in her Optime form. Her back was stiff from sleeping sitting up, but having a safe place to sleep was worth a little back pain.

Dara moved carefully, for she was in a tree. Dara found that sleeping in trees protected her from animals that liked to roam in the night. She shifted slightly, swinging her feet to the middle of the forking branches she has rested in. Gently, and groggily, she climbed down the twenty feet that she was in the air. When she was four feet from the ground she jumped, landing clumsily to the ground. "Why did I do that?" she whispered to herself. "I know better than to do that right after I wake up." She shook her head, clearing the sleep from her mind. She closed her eyes and breathed deep, inhaling the fresh forest air. Exhaling slowly, she opened her eyes and ran a paw over her mane. It was flat to her head. She growled and walked around the trunk of the tree, looking for broken branches. She didn't find any, but instead found a knot in the tree, sap seeping from the bulge in the wood. She ran her hands in the sap, covering her fingers. Quickly and effortlessly, she spiked up the mane. She searched for a puddle, finding a small one on the side of the dirt path she was following. Examining herself, she nodded approvingly and washed of her fingers in the water.

"Well, as long as I'm in this form, I might as well travel in it," she said, talking out loud just to break the morning silence that the morning birds hadn't broken yet. She shifted her bag to a more comfortable spot, and started to walk. "How much longer will I have to travel?" she muttered. "This pack shouldn't be far from here." She walked purposefully, but not very quickly. Her suspicions were right, for soon her nose caught the smell of a scent marked border. She stopped three feet from the border. The sun had risen a good deal in the time it took her to walk from her resting spot to the border. It was mid-morning now, and the sun was bright. Nervously, she let out the loudest howl she could, knowing that was the only way she could get the attention of any leadership of the pack. Dara took the deep breathe. A new life begins now, if she's accepted. "Hopefully, I am," she whispered.

Messages In This Thread