Chasing a Dream
[html]

Word Count → 540

out of character text

It was awkward for Hotaru to greet someone who wanted to join the pack. What the grey wolf had hoped to be a simple business call had turned into a loner requesting to join the pack. This was her first time greeting someone interested in becoming a pack member. Not to mention her own initiation was not that long ago and she had only managed to claim an intermediate rank. The memories of Hotaru's first interaction with the pack were a sore spot of her past. She still felt the pain of being left in the pack lands by Cain and had been extraordinarily lucky to not have been chased away like the trespasser that she was. Hotaru was thankful that her she was well versed in the art of hiding her emotions as she just barely managed to keep a strait face.

As was her custom, Hotaru crossed her right arm over her chest and allowed the left elbow to sit on top of her arm. She let her fingers touch her mouth slightly as her head bowed in thought. What was the proper procedure for that type of situation? The strange wolf was very polite, and her voice was filled with submission and respect. Something the blind wolf was actually glad to hear. It was not often that people submitted to her, despite the fact that she acted so dominant. Most underestimated her too much to submit to her, and if anything were uncomfortable with her presence. It felt refreshing to Hotaru to have someone show her respect.

After a minute of intensive thought Hotaru lifted her head and allowed her arms to drop. "Unfortunately, I can not accept you into the pack. Realize this is no fault of your own, I am simply do not have the power. However, please excuse me while I call for one of the packs leaders who does have the ability to let you into our pack." Hotaru kept her voice steady and polite despite the butterflies that had accumulated in her stomach.

After saying her piece, Hotaru inclined her head in a slight bow before raising her muzzle to the sky. She didn't call out to anyone in particular, just someone who was of high enough rank to greet the prospective joiner. However, the grey wolf was unable to hide her nervousness in her voice as she howled. Hiding her true feelings from her voice or actions was easy, however for some reason she could never hide them when she howled or sang. They always came through as clear as day.

When her song was done, Hotaru returned to her neutral position and acted as if her worries weren't there at all. Calmly, the blind wolf spoke again. "It may take some time for the leaders to join us. So in the mean time how about we relax with some friendly conversation. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself. However, if the subject is a sore one then we can pursue happier matters." Hotaru knew from experience that speaking about oneself was not always pleasant. Besides it wasn't like she had any say in deciding whether the loner was accepted or not, so such matter's were trivial to her.

Quote by: Maurice Freehill

<style type="text/css">
.character-HotaruBlind b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD700 ; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-HotaruBlind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-HotaruBlind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-HotaruBlind {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZWce2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 353px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#DCDCDC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread