Chasing a Dream
[html]

Word Count → 412

out of character text

Hearing the words of praise from someone she had just met was a little shocking. Hotaru had not heard anything like it since before the war that had ruined her pack. Dara's interest in Hotaru was endearing and the grey wolf was enjoying the rare attention. For once, she didn't mind being the center of inquiry and welcomed any questions that Dara had.

With a smile, Hotaru held her staff up. Hotaru knew from her experience with wood that the staff held a deep brown color except for the places where she had carved spiral notches. There were a total of two types of spirals, one was thin and traveled from the rounded tip and stopped just before the handle. The other spiral was much thicker and deeper and wound itself in a similar patter. The top of the staff was slightly curved to make it easier for Hotaru to handle towards the ground. The staff itself was fairly thick for a walking stick, and its most prominent feature was the rounded end. This was designed to make as much noise as possible so that Hotaru could easily pick up on the sounds her staff made when she hit it against the ground. "This," Hotaru said with great pride, "is something that I made a while back."

If Hotaru could blush, she would have. Instead her smile just grew bigger and a small laugh escaped from her lips. "Why thank you. Wish I could say the same thing to you. You'll have to let me know what you look like sometime." As the three females walked, Hotaru could hear the soft wingbeats of her companion. Eventually Fawkes decided to take a break and softly landed on Hotaru's shoulder. The bird made sure to land on the shoulder closest to Dara. Fawkes was obviously interested in the new wolf who managed to make Hotaru smile and laugh.

The blind wolf enjoyed the simple talk with Skye and Dara. Although it seemed like Dara's stomach had other plans. "Hungry are we? Well, why don't you stop by my house later. I'm sure I've got an extra rabbit or two that I can give you." At that point in time, Hotaru surprised herself. The open invitation was not something she had expected to give, especially not to someone who was a complete stranger. The blind women wondered what had prompted her to offer such a thing. Still, it wasn't like she regretted her words either.

Quote by: Maurice Freehill

<style type="text/css">
.character-HotaruBlind b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD700 ; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-HotaruBlind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-HotaruBlind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-HotaruBlind {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZWce2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 353px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#DCDCDC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread