Chasing a Dream
Dara watched Hotaru hold out her walking stick, indicating that she had made it. Dara looked at the design, noticing the spirals most of all. "It is very beautiful," Dara said. "I have never had an ability in woodworking. It takes a great deal of work."

She thought back to when her godfather, and mentor, Salazar had once tried to teach her the basics in woodworking. She had tried to create a cat, but it looked more like an oddly shaped block of wood. She had no talent it that area what so ever. She admired the grey wolf a great deal for her talent.

Dara gently laughed, rubbing the back of her head. "Yes, sometime I will have to let you know," Dara said with a smile. As the bird landed on Hotaru's shoulder, Dara took a small step away from the bird. She has never been particularly good with birds, but cats and ferrets, oh how she loves ferrets, are a different story. "This must be your constant companion. He had some very pretty colors in his feathers. How did you come by him?" Dara asked, wanting to know exactly how the two had become friends. Dara shuttered inwardly. Birds almost scared her, seeing how she was attacked many times by birds from her tree climbing experiences. Being this close to one, Dara expected the worse. But knowing he was Hotaru's made things different.

The invitation to come to Hotaru's home was quite unusual for Dara, but nonetheless, it was welcome. "I would like that, very much. Danke sehr," Dara said. She didn't notice her mistake until a few seconds later, giving a small laugh. "So sorry. That's 'Thank you very much' in German. I guess I just got so use to speaking the phrase in German to my godfather Salazar that when I do say it I don't realize it," Dara explained. German had become second nature to her. I will have to do something to return the favor, Dara thought. Without returning the favor, Dara would only feel as if she is using the wolf.

Word Count= 355

Messages In This Thread