Let Your Instincts Rule
[html]

It hard for Alder to believe that she had no idea or simply forgot that in Cour des Miracles one was not to kill a horse. He found nothing honest in her actions, they were penned animals. What kind of hunt was that? The thought of loosing a horse brought a great sadness to the Marshal. He was not a strong-minded wolf, he could not bare the thought of ending the misery of an injured horse and was grateful that he had never needed to do such a thing. They all had their place, and the pack trusted him with the care and housing of their steeds. What if she had hurt a pregnant mare, or the one the King’s son cherished? Sadness did not overwhelm his still steadily standing anger, but he felt it touch his heart.

Especially when she shot him a challenging snarl. His features hardened, eyes growing cold once again and he lashed out once more. A mistake that could have cost you the life of one of my horses, or even your own. The male shot back, the hair along his spine rising a second time. It is my job to care for them, a position given by the King. He spoke more calmly. Alder believed it to be his place to protect the herd from anyone. They can learn to trust us. I hope that their trust wasn’t completely broken today… He looked at the coyote female, wondering if she would ever understand how hard it was for such a bond to form between a predator and prey.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread