Let Your Instincts Rule
[html]

Alder felt it possible to leader lessons from any creature. From lessons came wisdom and patience. It brought knowledge that their own species was incapable of giving. Alder had been taught such a thing from his mother, who looked to the Sun, to trees and plants and creatures that could not talk nor walk for her wisdom and her faith. He found it easy to see horses as intelligent beings that deserved respect, for he gave it to the trees around him as well.

Alder saw his prey as honorable and deserving of life. Through his effort he expelled in the hunt, and the quick death that he provided Alder was able to feed himself and allow even a small hare the respect that it deserved. What right did he has to believe that he was above another creature?

Her words were along the lines of what Alder had been thinking. Foxes were cunning creatures, intelligent. Even if they were their competition, Alder had a certain respect for the red beasts. He nodded slowly, not having much more to say to the coyote looking female. He had scolded her enough, though his trust for her not to return and startle the herd a second time was slim. He wanted to believe that she would look at the horses as partners in their hopes for living a content-filled life, but he was still very unsure if she understood.

Perhaps one day I can show you how we work as a team, my horse and I. He did not believe that today was the day. But if she showed interest in learning, she could come back another day and watch with respect rather then what she had brought today.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread