Self Defense for Dummies
[html]

WC:480

This wasn’t a usual welcome for him, normally a new student would get his gaze and his stone cold exterior but X’y had taught him that he didn’t quite need to take that route all the time. He also wanted to make her feel welcome and not feel like he was picking on her because of her inability to shift. But their quick little spat ended quickly when her squirming form wiggled free of him and he moved away just in time but not purposefully to keep her teeth from hanging onto a sensitive ear. A suspicious blue eye turned toward her as he realized the point she was aiming at.

A broad grin moved across his lips as he danced around her, before stopping dead in front of her. His teeth snapped playfully and he let out a low growl before he addressed her once again.

“Since teaching you self-defense is as much about tactics as it is physical prowess. Since my normal routine of working out and pushing my boundaries obviously differs from what I am going to put you through, it took a bit of imagination. “ he chuckled a bit, tail wagging as eyes looked over the entrance to the den and then back to her. The brutes mood could be attributed to something else entirely, there were obvious things that brightened him up and certain night time activities usually did the trick as well.

“If you want to learn to fight you must condition your body, you certainly won’t have to put yourself through the rigors I or my mate do, but staying in shape and keeping your body in good physical condition allow you to be better at defending others, puppies, and yourself. Knowing how to fight and defend yourself is key to being a good pack member as well, at least from my point of view. So first, since I’m sure your able to run great distances, I want to work on how nimble you are. IN the dirt here I have laid out three four sticks, the first is the start point. And I’ll demonstrate this drill. “ He dipped his head and let out a long yawn as his body stretched out before standing at full height and shaking his body.

Saluce walked over to the starting point, and waiting for a moment before suddenly bursting off the line and to the first stick, once arriving he stopped on a dime switched direction and cut back to the starting point. Once this round was done, he started again going for the second stick, stopping and then darting back to the starting part, and the last time he went all the way out to the third before running back.

“This drill, helps build stamina and also you learn how to charge direction on a dime… Now I’d like for you to try it.”

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread