Self Defense for Dummies
[html]

WC: 443

It was disheartening to feel how tired she was after what should have been a simple exercise. Kiara recognized that she was tired beforehand, and knew she hadn't eaten anything since the other day. But those two factors alone should not have caused her to be so tired after a little sprinting. Saluce looked at her, the disappointment in his eyes mimicking her own. She lowered her ears a little and swiveled her head around to look at her stomach. There she could see the edges of her scar. The terrible spiral had healed well and her thick coat covered most of the injury, which made it a lot less painful to look at. Kiara blinked, could her scars still be healing? Had she not fully healed. It had been a month and a half since the incident and she was sure that she had healed quite nicely. Perhaps they were still affecting her performance.

When Saluce started speaking, Kiara turned to face the larger male. All of the kindness that it once held was gone. Instinctively, the arctic wolf shrank into the dirt. She deserved a scolding and she knew it. Once Saluce had barked his order, Kiara couldn't get to the sticks fast enough. Immediately she began the run again. Her sides heaving, her tongue swinging freely in the air. Again and again she did the routine. After each time she was left with less and less energy. Yet she went back for more. As the young wolf moved through the drills, she thought about her first winter. The icy cold, the bitter wind, the dark days. Even with the all of the game present in her valley, the constant blizzards made it very difficult to find food. For days the arctic wolves would go without food, and they would run for mile after mile while they tracked the pray down. Yet there she was, weak after only a few short exercises. It was truly pathetic.

After a while, Kiara had lost count of how many drills she had done. She had fallen numerous times, and had ran the drill even more than that. Kiara felt like she had improved a little, but it wasn't enough. Finally the snow wolf sat on the ground, panting. She turned to Saluce, "See I can do it. I just wish I wasn't so darn tired. I must be getting sick or something. Nothing a good rabbit can't cure." The though of a rabbit made the arctic wolf want to vomit, and Kiara was sure if there was anything in her stomach, she would have.

Table By Bria

<style>
.kill2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.irish p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kill2 b {color:#FFEBCD; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kill2 {background-color:#660100; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... sav6-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border-radius: 15px; margin:0px auto; padding:390px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: "monotype corsiva", sans-serif; font-size:16px; color:#A9A9A9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.kill2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread