Don't shed a tear for me
[html]

He came close to the pile of rubble and tilted his head, looking in at the little girl's hiding place. He was too big to go into the pile himself, at least, not without knocking everything over and probably crushing her with bricks in the process. So he sat where he was, waiting for her to show herself or run off. Vikas' ears flattened at her high-pitched yelling, but he didn't reprimand her. It normally wouldn't upset him, but his head wasn't up to it today. He was able to ignore it for a moment and smile a little at the kid's predicament. He had figured she was lost, but he was a little dismayed that he was not in a position to help her. Vikas was new to this place too, and he would have difficulty pointing her in the right direction if she needed help getting home. Hopefully her mama was close by.

He didn't understand what she meant by the fairies. Little kids tended to be imaginative, so she might have seen something and pretended they were fairies, or she was all screwy in the head and really thought she saw them. Either way, it didn't help him fix her situation. He really did want to help her though, he couldn't just go back to bed knowing that there was some scared little girl down the hall. "Well," he started, thinking to himself. "I'm kind of lost too." And he was, in a way. He still didn't have a pack, and had no idea how to start looking for one. He had taken it for granted as a pup that he was born into one. "But it's not so bad if you're not alone, right?" Vikas lowered his head, hoping to get a better look into her hidey spot. He thought back to his drinking last night. Loneliness was really the only thing to be afraid of, not spooky sounds at night or getting disoriented.

Vikas scuttled back a few steps to give her room. He stood up again, smiling. "I'm sure we can help each other out, just trust me," he said, in what he hoped was a convincing voice.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread