Don't shed a tear for me
[html]

Word Count → 333 :: Out of Character text.

She heard the male coming closer by the soft clacking of his claws against the flagstones, and backed away a bit more into her small hiding space. His face became visible a moment later, and she ducked her head and attempted to hide, though the little shafts of moonlight shining through cracks in the stone "ceiling" to alight along the white fur at her back, and brighten her eyes. She was very much more visible than she thought she was, and might have despaired, had she been aware of her problem in the first place.

He began speaking, his voice quieter and seeming to be mostly addressing himself. It was just a bit too soft for her to hear from where she was, and she scooted a bit closer to the entrance, just in time to understand the gist of what he was saying. He was lost too? Did that mean there was no hope of being found, in this dark place? She certainly hoped not. Before she could voice her growing fears, however, he asked his question, and she reeled back a bit, blinking curiously.

"Well..." She said, and eyed him curiously, shifting her paws uneasily. "I...I guess not," And it really wasn't as bad, she realized, because now she had someone to distract her when she began getting scared, someone to make the castle a little brighter. She scooted even closer to the entrance, poking her head out to blink at the stranger. She offered a meek little grin, her tail wagging slowly, and then crawled the rest of the way out of her hiding place, shaking herself a bit to rid herself of any debris. As the stranger promised they could help each other, and asked her to simply trust him, she pressed her ears back against her head, staring up at him with large eyes for a long moment before she nodded. " 'Kay," She agreed, and looked up at him hesitantly, waiting for him to take the lead.

<style type="text/css">
.sophly .space {float:right; width:115px; height:260px;}
.sophly b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.sophly p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sophly .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.sophly {width:485px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a19fc4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DujCo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#352b37; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread