Don't shed a tear for me
[html]

OOC:

Sophie. It suited her, he thought. It sounded like a blend between soft and sofa, which conjured an image of something very cuddly indeed. She bounded forward, calling out like a coonhound on the scent. Vikas couldn't stop himself from grinning, finding the whole thing more than a little adorable. They finally exited the castle, although not through the entrance he had expected. The pup looked around, obviously not as confident as she had looked within the building. Vikas waited anxiously for her to speak, wondering if they were already screwed. He cheered up when she offered a rather helpful tidbit.

"That was smart of you to remember," he praised. The boy tilted his head back to look at the moon. It was almost full, and well on its way back to the horizon again. "The moon rises in the east," Vikas explained, eyes still on the sky, "and it sets in the west. If the moon is full, it should be pointed south at around midnight. The moon isn't quite full, and I don't know what time you left your home, but I would guess you were heading southeast-ish if you were following the moon." He looked down at Sophie, giving her a little smile. "You're right that we should do the opposite. I think we should head northwest, and see if you can't find anything familiar along the way."

He looked up at the sky again, finally settling on the North Star. "The moon moves a lot though, so it's easier to find directions by the North Star. It never moves, and it always points north, so if you follow it you always know where you're going." Vikas was not an expert on astronomy, or navigation, for that matter. He did know some of the basics at least. Normally he just relied on his memory or scent trails, but that wouldn't work very well for him tonight. Maybe if he was older and had more experience he could track Sophie's path by smell, but right now he couldn't do it with Sophie herself walking right beside him. Everything would smell like Sophie to him. "The North Star is pretty easy to find. First you look for the Big Dipper, it's a constellation that looks kinda like a pot." Hopefully she had seen a pot before. He didn't know how humanized her life was. Vikas pointed at the stars, although it was usually hard to tell where people were pointing at when it was something as vague and open as space.

"Follow the stars from the handle of the pot to the other side. Then follow the corner of the pot up until you hit the North Star." He traced the path with his finger. "It gets easier the more you do it," he added. Sometimes the stars were kind of hard to see. It had taken him several tries as a pup before he could do it himself. And hell, maybe she already knew all this. He was just guessing that she didn't because looking at the North Star wasn't her immediate course of action.

Vikas Limonchenko
<style>
.vikas .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.vikas-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:papyrus, sans-serif; color:#14440D; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.vikas p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.vikas b {color:#14440D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.vikas {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... tock-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 20px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; border-radius:15px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.vikas .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread