vaporous
[html]

The ruddy girl averted her eyes at her praise, and Vesper smiled. She knew she hadn’t had anyone to compliment her at that age, but being self-sufficient was an accomplishment in of itself. She didn’t dwell too much on what life might have been like had her parents been different, however. Winter had done her duty until her death, and Ves had taken over for herself. She was just hopeful that she was helping the Inferni youth at all, since she felt so clumsy around younger coyotes or teaching someone in general. Optio she may be, but that didn’t mean she had a leader’s skills yet.

Wraith said as much after thanking her, and the scarred coywolf growled playfully at her, as if offended. She had a point, though, and the surprise showed clearly on her faith when the girl praised her in turn. “Thanks,” she answered redundantly; it was her turn to be a little flustered. “Well, if I’m a good teacher, you can be a good student…and a good student will help me learn how to teach.” She paused, thought back over her words, and concluded with a sheepish smirk, “Or something.”

She cleared her throat then, looking busily out at the still mountains and sniffing the scentless air. “I guess we can go onward, until you get hungry or tired or something. Or maybe we can head back to those hot springs once we call it quits.” She gave a theatrical shiver. “Either way, lead the way, my faithful student.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo9 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5e8c6d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.vesper-oo9 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo9 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#e2e0db; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6s7CO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605e59; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#605e59; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread