family ties
[html]

<3

The hay felt itchy on her paw pads, so she shifted the weight of it as she stepped forward, intent on the first stall. "Sure, love, that'd be wonderful," she chirped with a smile, tossing a good chunk of the hay into the first horse's feed bucket. "If you want to grab another bale, you could help me feed the horses," she suggested. "But how are you, Jace? And your children, how are they? Dalgina came around not long ago. Such an inquisitive little one." The memory made her laugh. Sometimes, Sage wished she had children to care for; with all of the farm animals, though, she sort of had them. As she shoved hay through the bars of the next room, she turned and added, "I've still got the llamas to tend to, as well."

Sage wondered if Jace had more luck with them. A few of them were sweet and had come to like her, but the others were disinterested, and even aggressive sometimes. The coyote had always been so good with animals, but the llamas were different. They were independent, and even smart. She'd carried a few brief, stunted conversations with them in low speech, but they most of them were quite private. She had seen a few of them nosing at the gate latch before, though, and it made her think twice about double-checking it.

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-field p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-field b {color:#919919; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread