behold the hurricane [p]
[html]

i wasn't sure if you were done but here's a post anyways xD

Pale blues scanned over her new possessions as she beamed at him, naming each. He managed to smile back, nodding in interest at each item. Reading was something he knew and had once loved. Perhaps it was time to start again. "I can teach ya," he offered, his curly tail giving a placated wag as she hugged him with a free arm. "It's not s'hard after a while. Writing's harder though, I ain't too good, but I can try t'help anyways." It wasn't the words or the spelling that the mutt had trouble with, though; it was the movement of the pencil on paper that frustrated him. Even when he thought he was being gentle and soft, holding the pencil just so in his hand, his letters always came out crooked, wobbly, and misshapen. Sure, you could still read it, but who would want to?

At her inquiry he shrugged, scratched at the back of his head and turned back to the booth he'd been perusing. "Guess I'll get one o' them scrapin' knives, and a good blade sharpener," he decided, telling both Maggie and the merchant. The man behind the counter asked what he had to trade, and he dug into the bag slung across his shoulder for a handsome, slightly worn pair of dress pants. With a question on his face, he held them to the merchant who felt the cloth, grumbled a bit at a fray on the hem, but then grabbed the cloth and shoved Denver's new items at him. Good enough, he supposed. He didn't want to have to work too hard for the items, so he was grateful for the merchant's acceptance, no matter how begrudging.

"Well... what d'you wanna do?" he asked, looking to her and then around the festival site. The Confidant had been purposefully avoiding the larger pack tents that were set up behind the row of booths. His eyes wandered there now out of necessity; there wasn't much left to do. Of course, he would still peruse the tables once more before he left, just in case a really good deal popped up. After all, he still had some items he could trade, and he needed to spruce up his dull, single room. He'd had his eye on some nice looking rugs before, maybe he would get those.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread