All's fair in war and peace
[html]

From the corner of his eyes, Trent watched the other tug at his shirt. Trent felt rather underdressed, since he wore nothing — because he had nothing — and he felt envy looking at all that Strelein had and wore. After his mishap of walking into the King's living place and being floored by Skoll, though, Trent hadn't found the courage to look for his own shiny things yet.

As the other Court wolf greeted him, Trent nodded numbly. Uh, Caspa, he began, but never finished the sentence. Trent wasn't sure why the other mentioned the Court not being a desireable place to live, unsure why it wouldn't. It... Isn't it? he asked in confusion.

The wave of the hand was a gesture that Trent didn't know much about. He scratched behind an ear with his right hand, although more to stall than because he had an itch anywhere. Hesitantly Trent approached, getting a bit closer and then sitting down on the ground. Since he hadn't been a luperci for very long, the coywolf sat down oddly, his legs outstretched and back arched with one hand placed on the ground in front of him; almost as though he was afraid he'd fall over if he didn't have at least one arm for support.

Trent was about to introduce himself when Strelein gave his name, only to realise he already had. Luckily he realised it in time and managed to avoid embarrassment. I met Alder, and he told me that this was a good home, so I figured I'd give it a try. Trent forced a smile to his face as he spoke, even though there wasn't really anything to smile about.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread