casting such a thin shadow
[html]

Sorry for the wait!

Skoll's amber eyes shifted focus down to the handle jutting out from his pack, the swirl of the wood grain on the handle holding his gaze as her hand moved away again. It had been a different axe that had killed those people in the Four Pack War, two different axes, actually. Nevertheless, memories threatened to surge through his mind at the thought of the killing tool, memories which he quickly blocked out. It wasn't the time for that.

"Not a lot of choice out there, when other wolves begin carrying them. My claws and teeth are sharp enough, and my arms are strong enough, but nothing kills quite so efficiently as a well-placed human blade." It was true. He had trained the most in unarmed combat, and that was still his greatest strength. Sometimes, he would even disarm an enemy before drawing his own weapon, though that was out of the question when facing multiple armed opponents. He wished that his profession could be carried out without their use, but he had drawn human steel for his very first war, and in all of the major conflicts thereafter. When wolves got serious, they went for the strongest weapons they could find, and unfortunately that often meant a jaunt through the old human living places.

"It took me a while, but I've warmed up to some of the human's ways. Their books are fascinating creations, though I don't read well, I still enjoy the pictures. I've always been something of a collector of stories, so once I learn to decipher most of their words, the only limit to the tales I know will be the number of books in their ruins." That had been his grand plan, anyway, though his learning how to read had been touch-and-go for a long time now, and he had never had a stable teacher. He wasn't sure if he would ever be able to realize his hope.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread