m- i can't step off this cloud
[html]

OOC here!

Selene slid up Hadley, moving to rest with her head on his chest. Hesitantly he moved his arms around her, hoping that was alright. A soft smile fell on his face as she said she'd never seen him as a slave. Instead, he was her comfort, her pillar. Hadley didn't feel particularly strong, but maybe he could be strong enough for Selene. Strong enough to keep her from being hurt, and to protect her from the pain wrapping around them. It was a difficult dream, especially for someone with no more worth than placing himself where Selene was, to take the injuries instead. He couldn't fight for her, something he now regretted.

Selene's soft words flustered Hadley. He truly didn't see himself as good enough for the tiny hybrid. She needed someone who could protect her, not someone who could do nothing more than hold her close. That wouldn't be enough, not as long as there were monsters out there. Hadley knew there was, and had lived under one's grasp. Twisting his head to the side Hadley listened to Selene's words. Despair flooded him as he realized what she wanted. Something he couldn't grant her. Hadley couldn't love someone. It was too painful, too frightening. It put them in danger. He shook his head softly. I-I like you. Want to...to protect... His voice trailed off as he stared fearfully at the door, afraid someone would come and take her away, hurting her because he admitted these things.

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread