Of Sea Mists and Memories
[html]
I am so, so sorry for the wait on this! It's been stupidly hectic in my life at the moment, then like a fool I dislocated my thumb XD It's all been a bit of a problem for posting.

It seemed that the sable female and the younger girl did indeed have a lot in common, perhaps Ciara was indeed the lucky one of the pair, her father running away rather than stalking her for years, then again at least Soran knew for sure that her father was most certainly dead, he had died by her own paws; an accident of course, a kick in self defence that had sent him tumbling into some rocks, he must have punctured a lung for it had not taken him long to die after that. Still, even though Soran knew that her father could no longer hunt her, chase her down and threaten herself, her pack and her family, she had blood on her paws and that was something that she had had to learn to deal with; for even though it had been an accident and the large male had deserved it, she had still killed him. She nuzzled against the younger female again, rubbing her chin across the top of the girl's mottled head, hoping that she was offering some comfort to the younger one. The girl pulled away from Soran at the offer of family and said that she would be honoured to call the sable female and the rest of New Dawn family, at this the dark lady's coal coloured tail began to wag lightly, thumping against the ground as she looked at the younger female. Soran listened as Ciara seemed to become upset once again, saying that she feared that the other wolves may not see her as family, that Shandom might hate her, especially after the incident when the young girl had tried to feed Noah. The sable female looked into Ciara's eyes, watching her carefully as she spoke, nodding as she said that she hoped the alabaster male would forgive her some day.
"I would not worry too much Ciara, Shandom was firm with you because that is what is expected of him in this pack. If the truth is to be told I think he is actually more upset with me than he is with you, he knows that you are young and new to the pack, whereas I think he thinks that I should know better than to show kindness to the Omega. Unfortunately Noah is my step son and sometimes my heart rules my head. I hope you don't think any less of me for that. I shall speak with Shandom, I think I was a little too harsh with him after all." Soran replied, smiling at the younger girl.

She smiled again as the younger female cuddled up to her once more, had they gotten any closer together they would have ended up as one wolf at this moment in time. The dark female moved close and allowed the younger female to tuck her head beneath the older female's own dark one once more. She listened as the girl spoke, it all sounded very sad, although it seemed that, like Becca, Ciara's mother had given the ultimate sacrifice, her own life for Ciara's. That was the pinnacle of a mother's love there, the self sacrifice for one's children, it was a sign that Ciara had indeed been the most important thing in her mother's life. As Ciara said she blamed herself Soran let out a small cry of protest. "No, no Ciara! You must never, ever blame yourself for what happened. She chose to give her life for yours, you may not understand this but I do not know a mother that would not have, maternal love is the most powerful thing you will ever know. Trust me Ciara had she not sacrificed herself for you she would have never forgiven herself. She would not have done it if she had not wanted to, it seems that you were incredibly important to her dear." Soran spoke, her tone motherly and affectionate, trying to convince the young female that what she said was the truth in her eyes. She licked at the girl's ears in a motherly way before nuzzling her close once more.
"It was not your fault that wild animals took her body, it sounds like you did your best, she would have been crushed had you died trying to defend her body I am sure." Soran added, trying to comfort her. "I had to leave my mother's, Becca I mean and Iikka's body behind when I fled, I often wonder what would have happened to them now." Soran added, looking wistfully out to the sea once more.
"Are you happy here Ciara? Can you see it being your home?" Soran then asked.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 773
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread