It's a sad, sad situation
[html]

Count it: +469// Big Grin

The older man was stiff and sore, as he was many mornings, and so he subtly stretched himself out under the gleam of the cool morning sun. It would have been wildly inappropriate for him to yawn, and so he restrained himself, but Shandom quickly realized that, despite his solid night of sleep, he was still exhausted. Perhaps a nice run and workout would be in order after his discussion with Soran concluded; the subordinate was neurotic about maintaining his lean physique, and the winter often added some needed, but unsightly, pounds. It was easier for the subordinate to consider workouts than the actual situation at hand - mentioning his children was always a sure way to dishearten the alabaster creature, and his dark eyes were clouded with memories he'd desperately sought to forget.

But how could he say he did not love them, or miss them? Shandom knew that, if he ever saw his children, he would be beside himself with joy and relief, as long as they were all okay. It was his greatest nightmare and suspicion that Lea would have gotten to them and somehow tortured them for his misdeeds, as was only fitting. He could not help but think that an overwhelming injustice, though in the grander scheme of things he supposed it wasn't - regardless, the man worried for the sake of his children. A slight frown was twisted across his dark lips, though it was not one that demonstrated any discontent towards Soran. Instead, he listened quietly as the dark Betess described her own child related woes, and he shook his head sympathetically. It is difficult for our kind, I think, to maintain a steady relationship with all our children. Certainly, it is something we all desire, but it is so ingrained in our nature to be transient.... He paused for a moment, uncertain how to phrase what he wanted desperately to say.

Of course, I hope you don't think my words insensitive, he sighed. I will always love my three children - there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of them, that I do not worry for their well being and general safety. Their mother was beautiful and kind, but she had ghosts of her own that not even I could penetrate or hope to understand. I last saw them.... The male paused, considering for several moments as he tried to recall how long it had been. I suppose it is going on three years, now, Shandom murmured, resigned to the humiliating fact. I left them when they were but three moon cycles old - I was not yet ready for a family, and the complications of my past made it too dangerous for me to linger with them. It would have been a horrible danger.

template by revo.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread