calling all skeletons.
OOC: <3333! *chuckles* I'd wanted so badly to just have Kol wander off in a huff, but A) that'd probably be it for the thread and B) the poor girl never forgets her manners! XDDD Course now that the formalities are out of the way, the gloves may come OFF! >=D Oh, and let me know if I got his eye color wrong. I'm at work so I can't see ANY images whatsoever, and I couldn't remember if Fehrris has the normal Oriel color or not. x.x

[html]

Kol let out the breath she'd been holding as she realized the male was retreating to his den. Thank the Packleaders, she wouldn't have to deal with a rash of insulting, or worse, demeaning, comments about her clumsiness and inability to mask her pain. It was exactly what her stupid father had always done, and it was the first thing she'd come to expect from a male. Of course, her grandfather was far different, and had ended up permanently removing her hated father from all of their lives, but surely he and Kol's brothers were unique. After all, they were all Stormbringers; her disgusting father was decidedly not.

Of course, it was just her luck that as the young girl turned to continue on her "merry" way, the male emerged from his den carrying something. And of course, he was headed right for her. Oh wonderful, here come the comments. But to Kol's utter surprise, the stranger dropped his little burden at the girl's feet without a single word, then simply returned to his former posture. Raising a brow, her violet eyes rested on a pair of stunning blue as he watched her, and she flushed as she realized the male was actually quite handsome. Her curiousity and attraction quickly faded to annoyance, however, as those gorgeous eyes remained locked on her form. What the hell was he staring at her for, anyway?

Grumbling softly to herself, Kol set herself to spend a bit more energy than she would have liked. It was blatantly obvious that the male had no intention of helping her apply the damned herbs, more than likely feeling himself above such lowly duties. In fact, he was probably so full of himself that he was basking in his obvious intelligence and selflessness in the simple act of providing the leaves in the first place. Well, that was fine and dandy with Kol. There was more than one way to help herself. Closing her eyes, she started the process of shifting flawlessly, months of having been coached by her grandfather teaching her how to smooth out the change to a point of near painless fluidity. Joints cracked as bones and tendons stretched; front paws elongated into deft handpaws with more slender fingers, legs and forelegs lengthened, and the thick fur at the back of her neck and head grew to a silky black mane. She paused the change halfway through, needing only the added dexterity of her fingers, and not the terrible battle-readiness of a fully shifted Optime form. Opening her violet eyes, she laid her gaze on the unknown male, offering him a crisp "Thank you."

Her gratitude expressed, Kol gently picked up the pile of leaves in one hand and three-legged her way over to the pond that was her original destination, as it lay only a few yards from where the young male had chosen to make his den. Crouching on the edge, she placed the leaves back on the ground and repeatedly scooped a bit of water over her shoulder and upper arm, carefully washing away the dirt and scabs until the gashes were clean. Soaking the leaves in water for a bit, she then ground them with her hands for a good amount of time until they had formed a sort of loose paste, then she packed each wound with a bit of it as the bleeding stopped. The leaves would help to seal the injuries at least, and would speed up the healing of them somewhat. There was no doubt in the girl's mind that the angry slashes would scar horribly, but she'd already gotten back most of the movement in the area, and other than a bit of throbbing pain in the joint of her shoulder now and again, there really shouldn't be any lasting handicap from her encounter with the stupid bear. Needless to say that was more than likely a very good thing, if one were to believe that a final confrontation with Inferni was looming on the none-too-distant horizon.

Her task completed, the ebony female sighed and shifted back to her normal form, the process a bit quicker and far less challenging than its reverse had been. When finished, she remained on the bank of the pond for a moment, catching her breath before gently taking up the remains of the pile of leaves that she hadn't used and heading back toward the solitary male. She placed them softly on the ground in front of him before backing up a ways, inclining her charcoal head in a nod of gratitude. "Thank you again, it definitely helps. My name is Kol; welcome to Dahlia de Mai."

Table by Tay

[/html]

Messages In This Thread