Lessons to Learn
[html]

Word Count :: 350+

OOC: Someone has a mini-crush! Silly, awkward Ciara. xD

She’d been trying not to laugh at the sight of her Epsilon twitching and making soft noises in his sleep. The nudge of her nose didn’t seem to register, and she’d sat down on her haunches just watching him like the oblivious creeper she was. She’d hardly had the chance to be near the man since she’d first met him on the day she’d come with Zalen, and now she allowed herself to get a closer look. He was certainly handsome, she’d give him that, with paws bigger than her own and a more muscular frame. She dipped her head to prod him again, and caught the scent of a female in his fur, giving an agitated snuff afterwards. Figures…she thought to herself. Just when she started to find the man attractive, he’d already been claimed by one of her sisters.

She’d begun to despair that she’d never find a mate when a husky tone drew her out of her girlish daydreaming. Her eyes cleared when matched with his golden stare, and she swallowed nervously, suddenly feeling foolish and blushing beneath her thick fur. “I uh…” she began, cursing herself mentally for being such a fool. “I was wondering if you would…if you wouldn’t mind I mean…I’m sorry for waking you up…” She was blabbering, and gave an irritated twitch of her ears as she mentally steadied herself. “I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind teaching me how to hunt?”

She stood up, shaking out her fur and attempting to look poised and older than she was. Maybe the reason none of the males were interested in her was because she still acted like a pup so often. But she wasn’t a pup! She was close to mating age, and she didn’t think a few months was enough to deter any of the multiple males in the pack. Clearing her mind, she looked back at the man, her pause of self-pity only lasting a few minutes. Finally, she managed to articulate her reason for waking him. “There’s this buck I’ve been tracking and he keeps escaping me. I really want to learn how to hunt for the pack.”

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn b {font-weight:bold; color:#9370D8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://pixdaus.com/pics/1231820649HcN8A9E.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread