Lessons to Learn
[html]

OOC:: Making it an AW sounds perfect. Smile WC: 525

In Character

Ciara had never felt such pure exhilaration. The thrill of the hunt was one that she realized could easily become addicting. It was also an incredible bonding experience between pack members, she was realizing. When Augustus had joined her in attacking the injured doe, pride and joy swelled up within her, watching as he pinned the struggling prey down before her jaws could exact the final blow. She’d never felt so close to another wolf, or so in tune with them, as they worked together to control the squirming animal. Swiftly, she clamped her jaws and felt the first spray of blood in her mouth, but she’d been expecting it and wasn’t surprised.

When the doe ceased its fight, Ciara knew that they had won. She felt a similar amount of power as Augustus did, knowing that they had brought down this animal with noting more than brute strength. She knew that some Luperci hunted with bows and arrows, or other human objects, but the calico female had no desire to do that. She never shifted to her biped form, and felt far more connected with her pack and with herself when she remained in what she considered her natural form. This was how she was meant to be, on four paws, with blood coating her normally clean and shining fur.

When her Epsilon came over to her and she felt his tongue at her muzzle, Ciara answered his happy whines with a few of her own. Her own plume of a tail took to wagging fiercely, causing her whole slender body to shake – though some of that shaking had to do with her excitement, and the adrenaline pumping through her veins. She snaked her tongue out to lick delicately at the male’s ear when he pressed his nose to her scruff, then moved to remove some of the blood from his muzzle. It was more of a gesture of affection and thanks rather than an attempt to clean him, knowing full well that soon they would be covered in blood again from feeding.

“Thank you so much for teaching me, Augustus,”she replied to him as he spoke of her merit as a student. “When I realized I wanted to learn, I thought of no one else but you to be my mentor.” A grin formed on her blood-stained muzzle, tail wagging again when he mentioned their pack mates. “That sounds like a perfect idea, I’ll call them, if you don’t mind, sir.”She leaned forward, licking beneath his chin as a sign of respect. With that gesture complete, Ciara tipped her head back, pinned her ears to her head with her eyes closed and let out a joyful song. There is a feast waiting, her melody cried to the wolves of New Dawn, pride and joy filling the notes and making them louder and deeper than the subordinate’s tones usually were.

With that invitation sent to the pack, Ciara turned her head and licked once again at her Epsilon’s muzzle, before dipping her nose to sniff the feast they’d provided. Her tail swished eagerly, but she did not take the liberty of a bite. Augustus would eat first, as her mentor, and then the other higher ranking wolves would have their fill. Ciara wouldn’t have it any other way. Even though she was quite proud of herself, she wanted nothing more than to provide for them. She would get her satisfaction seeing their full bellies.

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Candacesdb-c01 b {color:#ffffff;}
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread