Starlight, star bright
[html]

Vesper is a cutie. :3 Poor Nate, though XD /+000

This was one of the most beautiful times of night, something that he observed as stars' positions became more clear above him. Occasionally, a cloud would drift by overhead...but not very often. This made this night in particular quite ideal for mapping. Sometimes the heavens would fill up completely with clouds and make it impossible for him to see the luminous objects of his desire. On nights like those, he wasn't in nearly the same cheery mood that he found himself in tonight. How could one get upset at another canine when there was such a beautiful sight above? He kept staring at the sky between words with the other clan member, trying not to show disrespect but also wanting to continue viewing them for as long as he could. The stars entranced him in a way that he felt down to his core. He felt at peace whenever he looked at them.

However, he did know that he had a conversation to get to. He shot a somewhat apologetic look to the female for his entrancement, keeping his attention on her while she talked and trying not to let his eyes wander back to the heavens. He did enjoy looking at Vesper as well - she was quite a pretty lass, scars and all - but looking upon her didn't give him the same feeling. She revealed that she had knowledge of the stars as well, something that he had never expected to hear out of another canine's mouth. He often kept his work a secret, not wanting to appear weak or feeble-minded to the warrior types that he'd run into...but he hadn't kept the secret this time. And it seemed to have paid off. "I..I've never met someone who knew about them. I've read a few books...I know what they are, but not how they got there or what they really...mean, I guess. If it's fate that arranged them into certain patterns or how far away they are from here. I feel like I could reach up and touch one, you know?" He said, giving a small chuckle.

She revealed her rank to him and he shrank back slightly, ears going back and tail lowering. He ducked his head slightly as well. "I'm sorry for speaking so plainly to you, Ma'am. Ah..Yes, Ma'am...Wraith is my sister by Hybrid Holocaust. I lived with her for a long time before choosing to move out into the mansion, where it's a bit warmer. The mansion's nearer to a few good vantage points like these. So you were out on patrol when you spotted me, then? Do you live nearby?" He realized that he hadn't said his name yet and fumbled over his words for a few moments. Nathaniel didn't want to appear foolish to one of the more highly ranked canines in the clan...He hoped that he hadn't offended her by asking her where she lived, either - it really wasn't any of his business. "My name's Nathaniel. Nathaniel King. Ma'am. And you don't have to answer that last question if you don't want to...I realize now that it's kind of creepy of me to ask such a personal thing."

<style type="text/css">
.natstar b {font-weight:bold; color:#5d658b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px; font-size:12px;}
.natstar p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.natstar {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/54Umu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#5c5c5c; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread