Starlight, star bright
[html]

Little does he knew, he's also a coywolf! GASP!

Nathaniel's policy in regards to his clanmates was to keep out of their way as much as he could. He wished to be unseen and unheard most of the time, left alone to his own duties and vices. He didn't expect that other canines would understand his need to map the stars or mark their locations, but Nathaniel couldn't exactly understand the way that others lived sometimes, either. Each canine had their own peculiarities. He saw the stars above as a constant, something that could be looked to for guidance and direction on any given night of the year. The night sky was always there, and yet so few canines actually used it or looked to it for help.

He nearly protested to the way that Vesper was living, wishing that she would stay in a place that was more comfortable, but kept his muzzle shut. It was no right of his to question the way another lived in the clan, so long as they were happy. He could see the benefits of living in a house and saw very few things wrong with it...but everyone was different. The boy continued to think on this after the command to shift was given. He was more comfortable in his two-legged form, but she was correct about hunting. If he was going to get any better at it, he'd need to shift and learn how to do it the old fashioned way. "I've tried a sling...shooting rocks at birds. It's worked a few times, but I don't have very good aim."

The size difference between the two of them was more evident when they shifted down into their lupus forms. Vesper seemed to be quite a bit shorter than he, both in height and length. He only knew himself to be of coyote blood, and wondered about her heritage as she stepped out from behind the boulder. He couldn't understand why a coyote would seek to mix with a wolf, but didn't see Vesper as any lesser because of her size difference. Perhaps she was just a small coyote. He pondered this as they set off in search of the hares, considering various thoughts until he came across a solid scent. "I think I've found something" He whispered, putting his russet nose down to the ground.

<style type="text/css">
.natstar b {font-weight:bold; color:#5d658b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px; font-size:12px;}
.natstar p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.natstar {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/54Umu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#5c5c5c; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread