Just tell me to leave
[html]

WC:420

And just like that, it all seemed to shatter into a million pieces. Her verbal reprimand, the venom that she tried so desperately to keep from her voice but it still seeped through. His eyes widened, and his hands shook, the shaking had been a rather recent development that he had noticed. He had always had a bit of a twitch after the snow storm accident but from time to time it would get worse, and he always did his best to hide it from everyone. But here with his mind racing and the words he wanted to speak where choked in his throat.

She was rightfully upset, he has in a roundabout way accused her of an unthinkable act, but the differences in the situation where he wasn’t standing here demanding she admit to something he wasn’t sure she did. But her retreat from his was the most damning of it all, for a moment he sat in silence, like the wind had been taken from him. His empty gaze looking to her but unable to find himself coming up with the words to make it all better. How could he? What could he possibly say that would wipe all this away.

“I just…” the words caught once again, not really able to form anything cohesive enough to mouth. “I just needed to hear you say it. You were in my position once, I can’t help but feel jealous, and feel afraid that I’m going to lose you” he recited. He was withdrawing into himself, true he had never acted in such a fashion with her before. Saluce had always been confident, brash, and always sure of himself, but he wasn’t sure of anything, except the wound it would cause him if he lost her. The man wasn’t acting like the man he had been before all of this, he felt small, insignificant and unable to see past his own short comings.

Blues rose up to gaze at her, he felt as if there was nothing in the world that mattered to him except her. A long sigh escaped his lips, the shaking seemed to stop as quickly as it came about, and his face slowly regained some composure.

“I’m sorry to have doubted you.” His voice carried with a soft hint of sadness, figuring this was how it would end. Every relationship he had ever been in had ended and most of them had been because of his own stupidity so he assumed that today would be the end of it.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread