Flotsam in the surf
[html]

Ah, thanks! As for the mythology, indeed they are both males. Brothers, actually, and both sons of Fenrir, making them grandchildren of Loki =P (has a whole book on the Norse myths)

His senses always sharp, he had heard her coming from a short ways off, and her voice didn't catch him off guard. His concerns were already fading into memory by the time the young she-wolf spoke up. Turning his head to her, the bronze were nodded, shifting his position in the sand to face her, his shield and pack tracing their own paths through the sand from their places at his waist.

The one-eared wolf smiled faintly at the youth who had greeted him, glad of the company, though he hadn't thought he minded the solitude. He had been alone for a long time, and hadn't had a true family since he was a yearling, in truth. Even those he had felt close to in Storm, those who he had told himself served as his new family, had never been as close with him as he might have liked...largely due to his over-dedication to his post on the border. He could see that in the true families around him, could see the fires fueling true families, a warmth he had not felt for a long, long time. No, he had been alone for a long time, and yet a simple visitor like this one could still bring a smile to his face.

"No, you are not. I enjoy watching this scene, though I seldom get the chance. I usually content myself with watching the sun set, but today I was lucky." Lucky, indeed. Knowing that he was of little use in a fight while his right arm was mending beneath Pilot's bandage, he chose to spend his time exploring the new land that the denizens of souls' had fled to after the fire. He was pleased to see places of beauty beyond his own pack lands.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread