Food for Kings
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px; ">

Talk! Think! Walk!

OOC: Sorry for the wait Word Count: 504

Fawkes loved Hotaru, that much was obvious. She had raised him, fed him, taught him how to speak, and helped him learn to fly. The first time he had flown, it was to the grey female. His first word was her name. To Fawkes; she was his mother, teacher, and best friend. However, ever since the evil wolf had attacked Hotaru, the tables had been turned. Fawkes was the one who had flow off seeking help. He was the one who helped her learn to walk without her vision. He was the one who had hunted for her every day so that she might have enough energy to get through the day And truth-be-told, it was exhausting to care for a fully grown wolf, especially when it came to feeding said wolf. With the promise of a successful hunt, Fawkes felt like a great burden had been released from his feathered shoulders.

As the red tailed hawk preened himself, the rustling of bushes quickly caught Fawkes's attention. His large eyes shot up and his wings spread at the sight of the coywolf from the festival. Fawkes let out an alarmed shriek and he quickly winged into the air in order to avoid what he thought would be an arrow flying his way. The red bird quickly flew towards Hotaru and alighted on her shoulder, screeching all the while.

That day, the wind was not in her favor. Hotaru didn't even notice the coywolf's approach. However, Fawkes's distressed shrieking was hard to miss and her head immediately shot up when he shouted in alarm. Her red-tipped ears swiveled as her nose worked in overtime in order for her to identify the source of the trouble. The blind wolf was not happy to discover that it was the snake like male who had interrupted her meal. The coywolf's statement was, as usual, full of nonsense. The clattering of wood against the ground caught her attention, and Hotaru signaled for Fakwes to retrieve it.

At first, Hotaru was confused by the bow's presence. Why would such a vile canine giver her a present that she obviously couldn't use. It took Hotaru a minute to realize that the bow was of her own making. Not only that, it was they very same bow she had recently traded in order to receive a decent amount of leather. Anger rushed through Hotaru's blood, but only appeared outwardly as a small frown. "As usual you have more hair than wit, more faults than hair, and more diseases than faults."

Hotaru carefully handled the bow, acting as if it was the thing that was bruised in stead of her ego. "A shame to treat a bow in such a rough way. Almost as much as my perfectly good meal being ruined by the presence of a skunk. Scamper off before your maleficence ruins my appetite." Hotaru really wasn't in the mood for word games, nor was she willing to stand the presence of his company for any longer than she had too.

Table by Chazza

[/html]

Messages In This Thread