monax
WC > 300
[html]
[/html] Wraith nodded, wide-eyed as Ezekiel spoke. Unlike she, his words were calm and certain. Wraith felt incredibly vulnerable talking to him. She felt so young and silly talking to him and knowing that he was the leader. Even though she was an adult now, she was only on the cusp and therefore, doing grownup things, such as speaking with much older and more experience coyotes who weren't her family was somewhat frightening.

He explained the role of the scout and this time, she was able to bob her head with a little more confidence. Yes, she knew what a scout was. But was she any good at it? How would she ever know? Would she be better at something else? These were the many questions tumbling around in her head and many of the things she wanted to ask.

Her eyes widened when he mentioned that her father had been a scout. Is that what he had been doing when he took her out on patrols?

"Oh," she exhaled. "I -- how do I know if I'm any good at it?" she squeaked. "I mean, my... daddy took me patrolling before. He told me how to look for smells and signs that people had been there before. And uhm, I met Miss Optio Vesper. She said she's in my... tier. I went hunting with Ithiel and Symera and Myrika and... but... how do I know if this is what I like? I think I like scouting, but I don't know. Umm.. yeah..." She trailed off, uncertain if she should say more and concerned that she had said too much. When would she know if she talked too much? Would Ezekiel get upset at her? She wished she could spruce up this conversation and free it from her awkward pauses and uhm's and uhh's. She just wanted to make everyone proud of her but she didn't know how. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread