Fresh Meat
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-01 {width: 300px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; background: #5E4C4C; border: 5px solid #DD9E95; font-family: "tahoma"; font-size: 10px; color: #D1B99F; line-height: 13px; text-align: justify;} #grace-01 p {margin-bottom: 0px;} #grace-01 .stars {color: #8B6F59; font-size: 15px;}#grace-01 .ooc {color: #E7D4C3;} #grace-01 .speak, #grace-01 a {color: #E7D4C3; font-weight: bold;}
</style>

Powerplay approved by Bria. Assuming that none of these horses would be saddled, as keeping them that way would be unrealistic. You can make up specifics for the goods that Amy will like; the vast array of this sort of thing that Grace has gathered leaves a lot of room for imagination.

★ ★ ★

Grace listened and considered. The price was fair, and the horses needed caring. She ran her hands carefully over each one, making her own judgements along-side the ones that their owner had given her. They seemed in fine shape, besides a bit of rough-handling and poor conditions, and she figured that she could find something to do with them.

She paused briefly, then shrugged. "I'll take the lot of them. Give me fifteen minutes, and I'll have your goods for you. Mind if I take one of these?" At the female's acknowledgement, she mounted the brown and white horse deftly and rode home bareback. She was surprised how responsive he was, and she rewarded him handsomely with oats while she gathered the things that she needed.

"Lucky that I did so much crafting while I was on the road with Briar, eh Taj?" she told rather than asked the crow as she put everything into a woven cloth bag and pulled the draw-string closed. She grabbed a few harnesses and lead-ropes as well - she wasn't one to trust anything that she didn't make herself. Then she returned to the borrowed - and soon, bought - horse, and he carried her back to the festival, where the yellow female waited for her to return with payment.

Grace handed over the draw-string bag and smiled. "I trust that these will be sufficient. Keep the bag, too - it's hand-woven, hand-dyed, and beaded with hand-crafted wooden beads, and the draw-string is home-grown hemp." She had a few of these; crafts were a pleasant pastime on the road, while Briar did her arts and the horses rested. She could spare this one.

With payment made, Grace put the harnesses and lead-ropes on the horses. The ropes were sufficiently long that she might ride the stallion while leading the others, and so she did. With a pleasant smile and a wave, she turned again toward home, this time with four refugees in tow.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread