Where the Wind Blows
[html]

Word Count → 503 :: Wow, sorry this was so long. That’s what I get for watching a TV show about broadway while writing; apparently it sparks my muse O.o

Ceri’s eyes lifted for only a moment as the white wolf threw back his head to call for his alphas… Alphas? As in more than one? The pace of the hybrid’s heart lurched into full swing again as his imagination painted the picture of two huge, god-like wolves prancing over the hills, the very appearance of them grand enough to scald one’s retinas. Ceri’s mismatched orbs then lowered again, and any bit of his posture that might have hinted at forcing himself into it was now remedied to appear completely genuine. He had to be on top of his game now, if he hadn’t been already. Had he been? He wasn’t sure… he’d been so nervous that all he’d really paid attention to were Shandom’s questions.

But the question asked when that mighty white head finally fell again caught Cerberus off guard - his ‘life’ wasn’t something he cared much to think about, let alone indulged enough to come up with a decent anecdote. But he supposed, for the sake of this pack and his standing within it, he could give it a try. Running his pink tongue over his sparkling teeth, Cerberus began in a gentle tone, one that suggested pain as well as humility: ”My brother passed away at an age far too young, and the way in which my parents handled it was such that the event could have been avoided altogether… if they’d opened their eyes. So I left, seeking out a family that cared more for its members than the one I had grown up with, a family that didn’t play favorites. Ironically, it’s a lonely venture.”

Cerberus remained the picture of submission throughout his story, his crouch deepened by the very will to keep from crumbling into a mess of tears and whining. His attention redirected, however, once a dark figure crept into view behind Shandom and leisurely approached the pair, dignity in his eyes and a pair of feathers in his mane. In a snap-judgment made during this single stolen glance, Cerberus assumed this male to be strict but level-headed, with a wild side that emerged only when provoked by his most trusted companions. He could, perhaps, find a place in the dark alpha’s heart beside the rest of his pack-mates, but it would take time. The mere sound of his voice – Zalen, he announced his name was – suggested experience and a past not unlike his own. There was loss in those apple-green eyes, but there was also dignity and love. This was a strong wolf, fit to be an alpha. Cerberus could easily follow under the command of someone who proved worthy of such a responsibility.

A brief moment of silence hung in the air before he answered, but it was just that: brief. ”That is correct sir,” Cerberus replied at the request of clarification. ”One of your own, Ciara, spoke very highly of your family and has requested I attempt to join. Shandom has been so kind as to already make me feel welcome.”

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread